The new XPS 13 Plus is here and it is indeed a thing of beauty. Dell’s precision-crafted, premium multitasking laptop reinvents itself as a powerful, yet stylish, sleek and modern machine, delivering an enhanced visual and auditory experience.
Today’s consumer laptops must be both aesthetically pleasing as well as functionally superior, building on the success and experiences gained by their predecessors. The XPS 13 Plus is Dell’s most powerful to date and comes with a new UltraSharp monitor. When introduced at CES 2022, it was described as “embracing simplicity as the new premium.”
The XPS 13 Plus has been redesigned from the ground up to embrace more performance than before, allowing users the opportunity to do everything they love to do in style, but in the knowledge that there is so much more beneath the surface.
The new XPS 13 Plus
- The XPS 13 Plus is the first XPS 13 designed to a 12th Gen Intel® Core™ 28W processor (up from 15W on the prior generation) for easy multitasking.
- Equipped with larger fans that provide 55% better airflow without increasing noise or temperature.
- Simplified interiors. The best-in-class, 13-inch, edge-to-edge display brings the visual experience to life.
- Leading battery technology to go the distance without disruptions, with a battery life of up to 12 hours.
- Express Charge 2.0 gets your laptop to about 80% battery life in less than an hour.
- Light with a starting weight of 2.71 lbs, and thin at 0.55 in, it gives users more power, without weighing them down and slips seamlessly into a backpack, brief case, bag or purse.
The streamlined user interface and interior design is designed to be minimalist and modern, incorporating:
- Capacitive touch function row
- Seamless glass touchpad with haptics
- Sleek zero-lattice keyboard maximizes user interfaces for a streamlined interior design.
If looks could kill…
The XPS 13 Plus comes in timeless colors, a light (Platinum) and dark (Graphite) with an enhanced surface finish that is premium and serene. The cohesive tone-on-tone design gives a unified appearance. The overall look is a modern aesthetic that is intentionally crafted to exude absolute simplicity.
And it feels…
The larger keycaps (aka zero-lattice) enhance the keyboard, providing a comfortable, smooth and efficient functionality with every keystroke. A new capacitive touch “experience” enhances the top row of the keyboard and allows the user to switch easily between media and function keys. And the traditional trackpad has been replaced by a seamless glass touchpad that provides haptic responses to the touch.
Redefines the journey of the senses…
- Up to 4K+ resolution or vivid true-to-life color
- OLED display
- Eyesafe® reduces harmful blue light
- Improved quad speaker design
Not just a pretty face…Environmentally responsible to boot
The new XPS 13 Plus is the first XPS built using hydro-power renewable energy sources, significantly reducing the carbon footprint of the aluminum. It’s also 100% recyclable for reuse in new PCs, in line with Dell’s 2030 Goals.
The “mindful minimalist” approach extends beyond design to encompass both the production and packaging processes. Dell has created a simpler, more efficient manufacturing process that honors the company’s longstanding commitment to be respectful of the environment. Removing steps and reducing finishes and materials – but elevating what remains – leads to decreased scrapped parts and a decrease in the overall carbon footprint. Packaging is all-new and made from 100% sustainably sourced or renewable materials, along with paper documentation that increases its recyclability.
Amazing Collaborative and Visual Experience
Collaboration tools are more important than ever these days, that’s why Dell continues its focus on the PC ecosystem. These tools include the new Dell UltraSharp 32 4K Video Conferencing Monitor. Featuring Dell’s category-defining UltraSharp Webcam, echo-cancelling dual-array microphones and 14W speakers, this monitor provides the best collaboration and visual experience possible, “you could almost feel like you’re there in person.”
- It’s the first monitor in its class with IPS Black panel technology.
- Together with VESA DisplayHDR 400, it lets the user view content in greater detail with 4K resolution, contrast and color.
- ComfortView Plus reduces harmful blue-light emissions and retains color accuracy.
- The intelligent webcam is equipped with:
- 4K HDR Sony STARVIS™ CMOS sensor for light adjustments
- AI auto framing capability
- Integrated smart security features
- Enhanced visual clarity.
Let’s not forget the video-conferencing capabilities. The new UltraSharp is certified for Microsoft Teams and comes with privacy and productivity features – letting users easily come on and off mute, enable/disable the camera with SafeShutter, and quickly sign in and out.
And it looks great too! The platinum silver finish of the design complements both home and office spaces. The sophisticated aesthetics are kept clean to conceal all visible mess without compromising its functionality, and its extensive ports and connectivity options allow the user to transform the monitor into a productivity hub.
Last but not least…
For those who need some help purchasing these products when available:
- With Dell Trade In, turn any eligible electronic device (Dell and non-Dell) into credit towards the next Dell.com purchase, instantly. While initially launching in the U.S., this program will expand to additional countries later this year.
- With Dell Migrate, users can move important and hard-to-replace data and files from any Windows-based PCto their new XPS device—to get up and running fast.
- Check out the Dell official CES 2022 press kit here for more information on each of the announcements.
- Follow and stay connected with Dell on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Written by Jane Pratt